Friday, June 8, 2012

Swiss chocolate

On our third day in Switzerland, we took it easy. We slept in, researched Europe transportation and spent time with family. We ate a lovely dinner and went in the warm water pool for several hours into the night. We spoke about life, goals and aspirations. It was great quality time and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The pool is outdoor on the patio overlooking acres of greenery before a lovely shot of the alps. It is absolutely the scene that postcards aspire to.

The next morning we had a big breakfast with my uncle, we chatted and took our time leaving the house. We stopped by a rental property that he owns to check out a couple of things. A very famous soccor player lives there and they own a Newfoundlander dog who is gigantic. His paw is the size of my head. We only saw photos of him because they were on vacation but his bed was bigger than my king size one at home. We went to my Catherine joon's dental hygiene clinic near downtown. In Switzerland, hygienists can open their own clinic and provide dental services. They refer patients to dentists when there is a problem. So she has opened her own practice and is doing very well. It is a beautiful office, decorated in very calming colors and elegant decor pieces. We shared a couple coffees and sat in the garden. They also have a Persian tenant living near the office who came out to sit with us and anyone who knows the Persian culture will not be surprised that she just happened to have a huge tray of fruit laying around so she served us. Then it was not long before she had a full lunch prepared for us with dolma (rice wrapped in leaves), salad, bread rolls and drinks. We ate happily and my cousin joined us for a while on his lunch break from school. In the afternoon we got dropped off in downtown to check in with a travel agent about planning the rest of our time in Europe. We found a cruise that we lliked but we were not sure about the cost and so on. So I told my uncle about it who generously gifted us with the whole thing. I will not pretend we are not spoiled because we definitely are. It is an eight day mediterranean cruise to all the hot spots for beaching. We had already booked a bus to Milan and we will have to find another one to get to Genoa but then we go to Civitavecchia in Rome, Salerno in Amalfi Coast, Tunisia in Africa, Ibiza in Spain, Palma in Sain, Marseille in France and back to Italy. We are very excited!

We wanted to book it with the agent but her fee was very expensive (nearly $100) so she said we can book it online to save that. We thought that would be good but their website is only available in Dutch and French, so after an hour of pasteing everything onto google translate only to be even more confused afterwards, we gave up. By that point the agency was closed so we had to plan to go back the next day. We stopped by my uncle's Persian carpet shop in downtown and visited with the manager there who fed us coffee, cheese and bread. We used his computor and then got picked up by my uncle later on. We went for the most amazingly gluttonous dinner I may have ever participated in. It was the highest quality all you can eat buffet dinner. It was in a beautifully decorated reataurant in a hotel. There was huge prawns, steaks, seafood, sushi, Thai food, noodles, Chinese food, soups, salad bar and so on. The big hit of the night however, was the dessert. Home made ice creams, chocolate fondue, mouses, puddings, tiramasu and so on. By the time I finished my coffee and last bite of mint chocolate ice cream I felt like I had eaten for ten. Unfortunately I was wearing my jeans instead of the stretchy pants I normally would have worn to a buffet so I had to hold my sweater in front of my mid section to avoid embarrasment. My point being, I ate too much. Back at the house, the boys went into the hot water pool while I went to bed.

I ate so much that I could not sleep. I went to bed, but my stomach was too full. I got up at 4am and did a load of laundry, posted some photos onto facebook, cleaned the room a bit until Tyson yelled at me to go back to bed. In the morning, I wish I could tell you that I did not eat breakfast..but I did. I ate fresh bread, nutella, strawberry jam, specialty coffee, banana, nectarines and salmon. After that sin, Tyson and I hitched a ride with my Aunt into town. We stopped by the travel agent to book our cruise. The agent did all the work and told us that because it was such short notice that he would call us back with a confirmation before we needed to pay. He had to wait for a confirmation from the cruise line to ensure that we got the tickets. That was supposed to take an hour but the call never came. We called back several times but he said he had not heard back yet. So we had to wait nervously until the next day to find out if we had a cabin or not.

We came back home and ate another delicious meal of lamb chops, baked potatos with garlic cream sauce, corn on the cob and salad. Then of course we did not stop until our nightly ritual of Swiss chocolate devouring was completed. We watched Euro soccor and played table tennis for a while before eating chips, more chocolate and fruit in the hot water tub. My cousin and Aunt went to Ballet for a couple hours of training while the boys went to run some errands so I hung out at home with William (the dog) until everyone came back. Good times.

"If we are not happy and joyous in this season for what season shall we wait"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message:)